Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Referred to breast unit - pregnant

(4 Posts)
countingdown2gin Sat 11-Feb-17 16:49:52

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place please move if so.

I've had some breast changes (redness -now gone) thickness of skin and orange peel feel. I first went to the doctors 3 weeks ago but most of the symptoms go when I'm lying down so doc dismissed as pregnancy related. I went back yesterday as the thickness is still there, doc has referred me to the breast unit for further tests and I'm terrified. I know I shouldn't but googling only shows inflammatory breast cancer.

I had dreadful trouble with the same side with my DS but not until he was born. Real pain, mastitis on several occasions, having anything on my breast was agony and it eventually resulted in me stopping feeding at 13 weeks.

The symptoms improve if I'm led down for a period of time. But I've been completely blindsided by the fact doc didn't tell me everything was fine. I have a max 2 week wait to be seen but I'm so so tearful. It's taken a long time to get pregnant this time round and every time I look at my son I burst into tears. I'm checking my boob about 30 times a day for changes and it's so sore. When the other side hurts (which I hope is pregnancy related) I actually see it as a positive.

I'm posting here because I can't really talk to my husband. He lost his mum to breast cancer at a young age and really struggles with it. He's uber positive and I am not (always been a worrier) and I can't explain how I'm feeling. I've also realised I don't have any close friends that I can just call and speak to. I feel so alone.

Sorry I've completely rambled there.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:11:04

You ramble on, have you got a friend who you can confide in and go to the clinic with you? Even though you feel your husband will find it difficult to deal with, I am sure he would feel bad if he knew you were keeping it to yourself.
I had a nasty lump five years ago and I clearly remember the anxiety about being referred, fortunately it was an infection. At that time I popped onto the cancer thread on here and found a lot of support whilst going through the waiting.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:16:18

Sorry, just realised you said you have no close friend.
www.breastcancercare.org.uk I spoke to this helpline when I was at my most anxious, they were very good.

Blossomdeary Sat 11-Feb-17 17:20:51

You really didn't need this! - I am sorry that this is overshadowing your pregnancy. I hope that the link above has been helpful.....and wish you well. Please let us know how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now