Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Atelactasis and chest infection??

(6 Posts)
val4 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:13:25

I'm just home from hospital, after a week on iv antibiotics for atelactasis and lung infection. I'm still on oral antibiotics (Augmentin), but just wondering when I should start feeling better. I have a paralyzed hemidiaphragm (from previous heart surgery) , which generally effects my lung capacity , and I know infection is not helping those symptoms. Anyone have any experience of atelectasis, and how long before I should get my energy back?

val4 Fri 10-Feb-17 22:54:34

Anyone😰

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 10-Feb-17 22:58:29

I don't know what it is, but I hope you feel better soon.

val4 Fri 10-Feb-17 23:16:08

Thanks kitten....it's partial collapse of lung , caused by lung infection. I think it happens when you take shallow breath due to pain (deep breath causes chest pain). I'm still wiped out and wondering if this is normal.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 10-Feb-17 23:49:05

I suspect it might be normal knowing friends with pneumonia who have taken several weeks to recover without complications. It sounds really grim. How does your lung uncollapse?

MichaelSheensNextDW Sat 11-Feb-17 15:37:01

I hope you've been seen by the respiratory physio whilst in hospital?
It does take a good while to feel properly ok again after pneumonia.
Some good resources here www.chss.org.uk/chest-information-and-support/how-we-can-help/living-with-your-chest-condition/chest-clearance-physiotherapy/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now