Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird surprise referral to endocrinology

(4 Posts)
DisneylandDreams Fri 10-Feb-17 15:11:31

So today I received an appt to see endocrinology in 2 weeks time - not knowing why, I assumed the referral had come from the gp but they said not, but to ring the dept to find out, which I did. On 5th Jan, I was sent down to a & e with suspected kidney stones - a ct scan and a couple of blood tests came back clear, so it was assumed I had an infection; took the antibiotics and pain subsided so assumed all was well. But the endo dept said today that the referral to them had come from the ct scan.
Now I'm assuming that it's a) a cock-up or b) just some weird cautionary thing, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else thought that this was a bit weird - I'm slightly concerned at the speed of it all, as I would have thought that if it's just a suspected thyroid/diabetes/menopause thing, the appt would be months rather than weeks away. DH says not to worry it's probably a clerical error, which is probably an infinitely sensible way to look at it, but I'm still a bit hmm. Anyone had any experience of this?

MichaelSheensNextDW Fri 10-Feb-17 19:16:29

If it's not an error, I'd assume it's something to do with your adrenal glands. If you ring your GP surgery they should be able to access the CT report and reason for referral for you.

DisneylandDreams Sat 11-Feb-17 06:49:45

Ok, thanks!

MrsNuckyThompson Sat 11-Feb-17 07:05:03

It's not gong to be diabetes unless you have symptoms and you haven't mentioned any. Sounds like they are being standardly cautious but agree it's weird no one mentioned them to you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now