Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SYMPTOMS OF URINARY INFECTION IN A 3YR OLD?

(3 Posts)
mustrunmore Tue 27-Feb-07 21:16:32

Ds1 has been unwell, pinacling in a visit to a&e on Sat night. They put it down to a urinary infectoin, but three's a bit of me that thinks it might not be right... In short, he vomited all Thursday night, has had a fluctuating temperature going up to 39/40, has had red weepy eyes, and zero appetite.No problems weeing, once he took fluids again. But he has had a very hot tummy.

Ds2, aged 1, has been whingy and clingy too, but no temp or sickness. But he did come out in little spots all over his torso (not red or sore looking) which the HV said looked viral but not serious.

We are waiting for ds1's wee test results to come through to the gp at the end of the week.

But I'd love any guesses as to what is actually going on with my kids! Have they got the same thing , or just coincidence that both off colour at the same time?

mustrunmore Tue 27-Feb-07 21:17:02

there's a bit of me

peanutbutterkid Tue 27-Feb-07 22:47:00

UTI usually cased by E. Coli which could cause the vomitting, lack of appetite and high temp in your DS1.

So only the mystery virus in your DS2, I would think. And that might explain the red eyes in the DS1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now