Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cold symptoms + diarrhoea.....am I definitely going to be sick too?

(5 Posts)
hazeyjane Thu 09-Feb-17 13:31:57

Just feel dreadful, sore throat, awful stomach ache, diarrhoea. Dreading starting to throw up, but normally get vomiting first followed by diarrhoea (which could be caused by large dose of iron tablets I'm on).

Can you have a virus with just the diarrhoea bit, and no sickness?

Fishcakey Thu 09-Feb-17 13:38:34

Yes you can.

CakeInMyFace Thu 09-Feb-17 15:58:23

I am feeling awful. No cold symptoms but had diarrhoea and I feel so nauseous I can't move nor eaten all day. I rarely get vomiting with tummy bugs but get really bad nausea, awful cramps etc instead!

hazeyjane Thu 09-Feb-17 16:04:55

Thankyou, sorry you are feeling awful too, cake.

Well no throwing up yet, but have slept all day and feel like I have been hit by a truck.

EmmaWoodlouse Thu 09-Feb-17 19:59:59

I have diarrhoea occasionally but I've only been sick once in adulthood that wasn't to do with drinking too much, and that was when I had sinusitis. Once all 3 other members of my family were sick and I just had diarrhoea. I also had a virus once with just the pains you'd expect with diarrhoea but hardly any poo. I think these things affect different people in different ways and if you're not a "sicky" person, you probably won't be sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now