Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm off sick with a double threat and chest infection

(10 Posts)
JontyDoggle37 Thu 09-Feb-17 09:42:37

Apart from the antibiotics, is there anything else I can do that will either actively help me recover or just make me feel a bit better in myself? Has to be gentle as I'm mostly laid on the sofa not able to do much. So far I'm:
- keeping fluids up with a combination of water, orange juice (for the vit c) and peppermint tea (to help with the constant nauseous feeling)
- trying to eat light but protein/veg rich meals
- this afternoon I'm aiming to have an Epsom Salts bath to try and reduce the body aches a bit
- I'm going to download a book onto my kindle to read when I'm not dozing
- I've started taking Metatone tonic to build me up again, plus multivitamins and iron and cod liver oil.
Other than that I'm mainly snoozing cuddled up to the dog!
Any other ideas?

JontyDoggle37 Thu 09-Feb-17 09:43:03

Gah! Throat infection not threat!!!

Twopeapods Thu 09-Feb-17 10:06:21

I absolutely swear by echinacea in drop form. 15 drops in a wee drink of OJ. I just got a bottle at Lloyds and it was £8 but they last for ages. Haven't bought them in over a year. I also sometimes take zinc when I feel something coming on.

hmsbismark Thu 09-Feb-17 10:13:30

I got some BioStrath last week after reading a thread where the op was very tired and it was recommended . I had had a horrid cold and felt wiped out. I do feel much, much better since taking it.

Hope you feel better soon flowers

hmsbismark Thu 09-Feb-17 10:13:40

I got some BioStrath last week after reading a thread where the op was very tired and it was recommended . I had had a horrid cold and felt wiped out. I do feel much, much better since taking it.

Hope you feel better soon flowers

JontyDoggle37 Thu 09-Feb-17 11:38:20

Thanks both. I've tried echinacea before but it gave me an upset stomach last time. I'll have a look at the BioStrath thank you

MichaelSheensNextDW Thu 09-Feb-17 16:17:19

Paracetamol if you aren't taking it already.

JontyDoggle37 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:23:22

Thanks Michael using paracetamol and ibuprofen too. I've bought an innocent 'recharge' smoothie that contains echinacea, and some coconut water too just for good measure!

calzone Thu 09-Feb-17 16:25:06

I've got sinusitis and feeling rubbish so I hope you feel better soon. Xx

JontyDoggle37 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:27:01

Thanks calzone! Hope you feel better soon too, sinusitis is horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now