Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tired all the time

(3 Posts)
threewonders1 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:12:14

I am soon to be 45, and I am a mum of twins 18, and a 7 year old, I work very part time, and I have a wonderful husband that does help me as much as he can. I do all the housework/food shopping/and the cooking.

I do get average 8 hours sleep a night abit broken for a toilet run. But I wake up every day totally exhausted.

I am out the house a lot and hardly sit down, but I am not a lover of exercise. Which I know some will say I need to stay doing to break the tiredness cycle.

I had my bloods checked about 2years ago for thyroid and they came back clear.

I do have a lot going on emotionally, for a very long time I have been trying to help my mum with her very severe anxiety, as an only child I feel its my duty to try as much as possible, but we get bad weeks and some rare good days.

Generally my diet is following the Slimming World plan, which I don't stick to at all, as I feel so tired all the time.

This is me, and Im exhausted, I have thought about juicing but have no idea where to start.

Any advice appreciated thanks

user1484615313 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:17:23

Maybe go to doc for bloods again. A lot can change in two years. Also you could try taking some vitamin c (1000mg)to boost your immune system.

JavaFee Wed 08-Feb-17 18:24:23

I second the OP - two years is a long time for a blood test. Get your iron levels and vitamin b12 checked as well. Also some doctors still follow old guidelines for the TSH value - it used to be that anything under 4 is acceptable but nowadays less than 2 is recommended.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now