Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What's your fool-proof adult cold remedy regime??

(7 Posts)
Legacy Tue 27-Feb-07 16:45:02

I feel like sh*t

Have the bug that DS1 had last week - shivering, acheing all over, nose streaming, head throbbing, feel slightly delerious. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep until it goes away....

Sympathy and miracle solutions this way please... So far I've been doing Lemsip Max 4 hourly (works for the first 2) and then a couple of ibuprofen in between.

But my nose is just drip.. drip.. drip..

Twiga Tue 27-Feb-07 16:47:51

Juice of one lemon and big spoonful of honey in hot water. Menthol crystals (get at chemists) in bowl hot water, breathe in steam from under a towel. When not pg, find a hot whiskey sour will also help!

Hope you're feeling better soon - just getting over something similar myself.

ScummyMummy Tue 27-Feb-07 16:47:56

All day mumsnetting has been my solution today. I do feel a bit better, actually!

danceswithnewboots Tue 27-Feb-07 16:48:33

You want day nurse and night nurse....blardy marvellous stuff. Only thing that helped me.

hunkerdave Tue 27-Feb-07 16:48:49

Medised...

compo Tue 27-Feb-07 16:48:58

loads of fluids and bed if poss, languishing on sofa if not

Legacy Tue 27-Feb-07 20:05:42

<whimper>

Had to leave sofa to cook tea, but at least DH is putting kids to bed.

Still feeling lousey

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: