Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Polyp in my uterus, anyone had one removed?

(8 Posts)
Thefitfatty Wed 08-Feb-17 05:29:55

If so, what am I in for? The doctor said it was just day surgery, but is there any recovery time? Did it hurt afterward?

PollyPerky Wed 08-Feb-17 08:13:25

Friend of mine had it done. No issues at all. She had a GA but sometimes they can do it without. Depends on where it is and how big. I've had a biopsy of uterine lining taken with nothing and it didn't hurt- just a tiny nip.
You will be fine- no nerves up there so maybe a tiny bit of cramping like a period for a couple of hours but maybe not even that.

Chinnygirl Wed 08-Feb-17 08:25:08

They thought I had a small polyp of 1 cm. but it just turned out to be the way that my uterus was formed hmm. They gave me painkillers (naproxen) to take the night and morning before. I went to the hospital and to the surgery where I got one of these surgery jackets and got to lie down with my legs in braces. They first pushed a camera inside. The camera is 0,5 cm. I got the sensation of a very heavy period for a minute or two. The sensation will be less if you have had a vaginal birth though. Then they found out there was no polyp after all but if there was they would have snipped it out. It was all over in five minutes.

Don't be scared if it's a small polyp. It's very uncomfortable but it's really just a couple of minutes.

orzal Wed 08-Feb-17 08:29:15

I had three polyps removed under general anaesthetic. It was done in the afternoon as a day case and I was back at work the next day. You do need someone with you for the next 24 hrs after surgery and the hospital phoned next day to make sure I was ok. No pain afterwards.

Thefitfatty Wed 08-Feb-17 08:31:04

Not really scared, just wondering if I should take a couple of days off work after the surgery just in case?

Artus Wed 08-Feb-17 09:04:26

I had two polyps removed without a GA or any anaesthetic, local or otherwise. It was done in about 20 minutes as part of a hysteroscopy. The procedure was a bit undignified but only a little uncomfortable. I watched on a TV screen!

No after effects tho I was warned there might be some cramping. Stopped my constant low level bleeding overnight.

PollyPerky Wed 08-Feb-17 09:54:03

It depends on whether you are having a GA or not. If so, you can't drive or use machinery etc for 24 hours afterwards.
If not, you won't need 2 days off work. I travelled home on public transport after my hysteroscopy and felt fine. You might want 1 day off but not two.

fortitude9 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:05:26

Yes. Nothing to be frightened of smile

They knock you out with some GA and you'll be home the same day. Not sore or anything afterwards but you might spot for a day or two

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now