Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

yuk, thrush, sex, puking, blimey

(13 Posts)
ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 13:57:51

Ok, thought I had invincible fanjo, but at ripe old age of .. ahem, nearly 40, I appear to have got my 1st (and hope last) bout of thrush. went to doc this am got a capsule to take, plus another in 1 week. He gave me one for dh. How long do I need to 'avoid' dh? Apart from the rest of my life.

Also, feeling pretty rotten, and just thrown up. Took my fanjo med at 9. It's now 3. That's ok, right? Oh, and take pill, take it at 8pm, so def no prob there, right?

Oh lord, when will it be better? Feel like crap

ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 17:52:03

no one help? no had had this ghastly thing? please?

DumbledoresGirl Tue 27-Feb-07 17:54:11

Ummmmm, I have had thrush once before. Throwing up wasn't part of it.

I want to help you but tbh, my medication consisted of pessaries........

Hopefully this bump will help.

goingfor3 Tue 27-Feb-07 18:00:11

I've had the delight of thrush many times. I have never felt unwell with it so maybe you have something else too. Hopefully the thrush will clear up in a few days.

ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 18:00:40

think throwing up an unfortunate coincidence.

Need to know, is chucking up 6 hours after taking med safe, ie the med already be in body doing job, not still hanging around in tummy?

And how long to avoid dh.

Be grateful if anyone knows

quietmouse Tue 27-Feb-07 18:01:34

did he take swabs?? are you sure it's thrush?

Doesn't normally make you sick, afaik

DumbledoresGirl Tue 27-Feb-07 18:02:21

TBH ernest, that info re dh should have been made clear to you by the doc. But am I right in thinking you are not in GB? Could you google it?

DumbledoresGirl Tue 27-Feb-07 18:03:05

What was the name of the drug you took?

goingfor3 Tue 27-Feb-07 18:03:28

Aviod your dh until the symptoms have gone and add a couple of days. Six hours is usually long enough to absorb medicine.

ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 18:03:45

def fungal infection. also feel crap at same time diff reason. need to know if I lost my fungal med cos I chucked 6 hours later. I know the vom & fungus 2 seperate fun things to keep me occupied. but not sure if i need to get more fanjo med cos of vom.

ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 18:05:50

that's right, not in uk. forgot to ask about dh, but had been speaking about no libido, so he prob thought it was a non-issue, lol. the drug leaflet doesn't mention absorption time if unlucky enough to yak x hours after taking

cheers tho

DumbledoresGirl Tue 27-Feb-07 18:06:00

My medical encyclopaedia says avoid intercourse until symptoms have cleared. Goingfor3's suggestion of adding a couple of days would make sense too.

ernest Tue 27-Feb-07 18:17:08

ta. i've heard people mention thrush loads of times. never heard anyone say just how horrid it is. poor you, goingfor3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now