Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibromyalgia and alcohol

(3 Posts)
UnicornsRreal Tue 07-Feb-17 08:21:14

Hi there, I've suffered with fibromyalgia for over 3 years now but only been diagnosed in the last few months. I've realised alcohol triggers my flare ups, does anyone else find this? I'm now facing a future of no alcohol (even 1 drink and I suffer for weeks) sad

Bettertobehealthy Tue 07-Feb-17 11:07:01

Hi unicorns,

I can't help with the alcohol, but I wondered if you knew , that 50% of people diagnosed with Fibromyalgia , do in fact have a Vitamin D deficiency , symptoms can be similar. ( Ref: Prof. Holick , Boston medical centre)

Have a look at this thread , where there is some more information. Because it is so common , I would check my level , if I was you.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2769969-fibromyalgia

Also here , lots of people with similar symptoms , we discuss doses, effects, how it helped etc etc.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2421492-Vitimin-D-can-it-have-this-effect
(Info from Prof Holick on second page of thread.)

Best of luck

BTBH

PS. A quick test can be obtained here , at this NHS Path Lab . A postal test ( blood spot on blotting paper ) , results e-mailed back within a week. They do charge £28 unfortunately , but it is one of the cheapest and easiest, that I have found, at least. www.vitamindtest.org.uk/

UnicornsRreal Tue 07-Feb-17 20:36:43

Thank you for your advice, I did not not that fibromyalgia sufferers are vit D deficient, I will have a look at those links. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply to me x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now