Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone advise on these symptoms?

(16 Posts)
joeythenutter Mon 06-Feb-17 20:09:57

I'm 41, 8 and half stone, 5'5". Non smoker and drinker.

The last 10 days or so I have been even more tired than normal, racing heart and very very short of breath.

I work 20 hours a week as a domestic cleaner, single parent and also live on a working farm. I do work hard all the time but the last few days have been terrible, just cannot find the energy, walking 20 feet and im out of breath.

Should also say I suffer regular chest pain, arm pain and up into left shoulder and have had 2 occurences were I have been woken at night with severe chest pain that came on suddenly, both times in agony for about 3 minutes then it eased off gradually.

This is getting me really down as im struggling to do my work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

flippyflapper Mon 06-Feb-17 20:12:15

At the start I would of said low iron .. anemic. But I don't no about the pain. Go visit your go tho and hopefully they can help.

millymae Mon 06-Feb-17 20:14:04

No advice other than make an appointment to see your GP asap. You don't have to be overweight to have a problem with your heart. I'm not saying that's definitely what's wrong with you, but I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Jayfee Mon 06-Feb-17 20:16:14

definitely see gp asap to be reassured

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Mon 06-Feb-17 20:27:17

When were the woken up at night by pain episodes? Can you describe them?

Have you seen a doc about the recurrent chest pain? What did they think it is? When do you get that pain?

FatCatFaces Mon 06-Feb-17 20:29:31

Please see a doctor or walk in asap - as in first thing tomorrow. Or now.

Without wanting to be alarmist, a friend of mine dropped dead from a heart attack at your age. She'd had non severe but ongoing symptoms that weren't properly checked out - breathlessness, fatigue. She was also a slim, fit, non smoker.

It could be angina. It could be stress or anxiety related. It could be nothing. But please do get checked.

lougle Mon 06-Feb-17 20:32:31

Anaemia
Angina
Thyroid
Vitamin B deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency
Postural hypotension

To name but a few possibilities. You need to see a doctor. I wouldn't wait very long. smile

Tumilnaughts Mon 06-Feb-17 20:33:08

I too had similar symptoms, ended up being stress related fatigue and a trapped nerve in my neck. So not all bad.

Definitely go see gp though as could be any number of things.

Ilovecaindingle Mon 06-Feb-17 20:36:25

Do you use a lot of bleach? I recently had bleach poisoning and similar symptoms.

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Mon 06-Feb-17 20:43:30

Op the recurrent chest pain could be angina particularly if you have it when you are exerting yourself.

The overnight chest pain could have been a heart attack

Of course they could be other things too, it's hard to say with the limited info in your post, but they are symptoms to take seriously

I would definitely speak to a doctor.
If the waking at night pain was in the last few days please go to A&E now, as in right now.
In fact with the shortness of breath I would actually go to A&E tonight anyway. They will want to do blood tests, ECG, chest x ray to find out why you are so short of breath.

joeythenutter Mon 06-Feb-17 20:44:27

The pain in the middle of the night, both times were both like someone stabbing me in the chest. Just sudden jagging sharp pain. I sat up both times and tried to 'hold' the pain. Got out of bed on the 2nd time, just stood up and waited for the pain to ease for a few minutes then lay back down. Could still feel light pain for a while after till i fell asleep. These were both near the end of last year.

I get pain when im agitated, or trying to run around doing too many things at the one time. So yes could be stress. Angina is in my family. Dad has it, granny had it nearly all her life.

FatCatFaces Mon 06-Feb-17 20:51:24

Could definitely be angina then. Get thee to the doctor please, don't delay with heart health.

Gooseygoosey12345 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:56:57

Sounds like a cardiac issue to me. Someone I know had similar issues and, I don't mean to scare you, it was a heart attack. Please go and get checked ASAP

littlemissneela Mon 06-Feb-17 21:00:01

It sounds like it could be angina. I posted about my dh at the end of last year with what we thought was a trapped nerve in his shoulder, where he had pains shooting down his right arm, which turned out to be angina. Hes had a stent fitted now in the artery which was 94% blocked shock As well as the pain, which for him was like a weight on his chest not a stabbing pain, he was very tired and had zero energy.
Go see your GP soon.

joeythenutter Mon 06-Feb-17 21:27:47

Thankyou everyone, will go and see GP, but don't hold out much hope, last time I mentioned it she said I was too young for any problems with my heart.

Wolfiefan Mon 06-Feb-17 21:30:06

Don't be fobbed off OP. Get a second opinion or ask to see a different GP if necessary. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now