Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this

(4 Posts)
lulabelle Tue 27-Feb-07 11:04:55

DH was ill last Monday, said he was hot and cold, achy, felt sick and had diahorreah, it was a 24 hour thing but the aching lasted a few days following. Then on Friday DS2 (14 months) had diahorreah and a slight temp but perked up throughout the day althrough he still had diahorreah, he kept me up through Friday night with diahorreah but no more temps and was playing happily at 3 in the morning and dancing to the backyardigans!! Then on Saturday afternoon both DS's were playing when DS1 announced he had tummy ache and threw up all over the living room, he was then sick for the rest of the day and through the night. DS2 also started being sick through the night but again it didn't bother him much. On Sunday DS2 slept alot but wasn't off his food or drink at all. DS1 was fine but was then sick again yesterday monring. Kept them both off school/nursery - then I got it! Today they both seemed better but kept them off again to recover and keep them away from other kids, they have gone to my Nan's, when I arrived DS2 has thrown up again and still has diahorreah. I'm confused as to what to do, if I take him to GP I don't think they will do anything as he is fine in himself, drinking and eating and has no temp, but should it be going on this long? Could it be teething as well? Could it be the milk? All advice gratefully received - I feel useless at work!

lulabelle Tue 27-Feb-07 11:09:40

BUMP

lulabelle Tue 27-Feb-07 11:28:52

please someone advise - I'm going spare and NHS direct haven't called back!

MrsBadger Tue 27-Feb-07 11:34:21

what are they eating?

Seem to remember it's a good idea to give no solids till 12hrs from last diarrhoea / vom episode and then only bland easy-to-digest things - banana, apple, rice, toast and No Dairy (this applies to you as well as the kids).
Sugary fluids (Diarolyte, diluted juice, weak full-sugar squash, lucozade sport, flat coke) to keep hydrated in the meantime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now