Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The ever-present illness, will this ever shift?!?

(5 Posts)
wooster16 Sun 05-Feb-17 14:22:42

I feel dreadful and have done since the middle of January. I have:
- recurring cough
- yellow green sputum
- a sore stomach
- red raw throat
- hoarse voice
- achy body
- swollen glands

Went to the doctor who said they couldn't give me anything, just to take paracetamol and lots of fluids. I've been going to work every day but feeling like I've been mown down by a truck every single day. Anybody else in the same boat, any magical remedies?!? I'm at the end of my tether and feeling very, very sorry for myself! Thanks for listening ladies flowers

bringmelaughter Sun 05-Feb-17 14:28:44

No cures I'm afraid but same here. I work in a hospital and am generally immune to everything but this has hit me and won't go....v frustrating!!

Badders123 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:52:54

I had this for 7 weeks 😞😷

mumonashoestring Sun 05-Feb-17 20:01:30

Same here. Finally thought it was starting to shift and the cough ratcheted up a gear last week, so now I daren't start to feel hopeful even if I do start to think it might be shifting.

I've been taking two vitamin C supplements a day plus a general multivitamin, steering clear of dairy, taking decongestants, sleeping as much as possible, blowing my nose not sniffing, drinking plenty of water, basically everything I've ever read might help. God knows if any of it is making a stitch of difference but at least I feel like I'm doing something...

goingmadinthecountry Sun 05-Feb-17 20:18:33

Dh and I both have it - it's driving us mad. We are taking turns to sleep on the sofa. I've been to work every day too but am totally whacked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now