Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

An I doing myself harm only eating one meal a day?

(3 Posts)
HeyMacWey Sun 05-Feb-17 10:31:11

I have cfs/me and over the last few years my appetite has really dwindled.

Sometimes eating makes me nauseous depending on how fatigued I am. If I eat food during the day it makes my cfs symptoms flare up even more.

I'm now down to one main meal a day (healthy balanced) in the evening as this is when I start to feel more 'normal'.

Sometimes I might be able to manage something plain like oat cakes and a pear at about 4pm and then a dinner at about 6ish.

My question is, is this doing me any harm?
Should I force myself to eat more?
I'm not moving around that much due to the illness so I'm not losing weight or anything like that.

Is it just a case of listening to my body?

augustusglupe Sun 05-Feb-17 11:16:02

No, in my opinion, your eating!! So that's good. I tend to go through stages of not being particularly hungry in the day. Why don't you try just nibbling on a few oatcakes sometime in the morning and then maybe the fruit a little later. I think if you start to stimulate your appetite in small steps you'll probably find you soon want to eat more... I know I do wink good luck

HeyMacWey Sun 05-Feb-17 16:52:26

Thanks - yes that's a good idea.

I do force myself to eat earlier at the weekends when the dc's are around (mainly to set a good example). But it makes me feel terrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now