Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, so sore I can hardly sit and scared too pee

(35 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:26:55

Was going to name change as slightly embarrassing but can't be bothered.

I have posted before about recurring thrush, possible reaction to different products rather than bacterial. I have had a few months thrush free and had been doing well but yesterday things got very painful down bellow and now it's agony to do a no1 or a no2, I have never been like this before, it's more stinging rather than itching. I have tried several different creams including canastin ( internal and external ) which seems to have made it worse, I have tried Vaseline which helps a little and stops it stinging as much when I pee. It's agony when I wipe and feels similar to after I gave birth ( when I had stitches ). Of course of it's still bad on Monday I will be going to the doctors but is there anything I can use that I haven't already tried?

milkjetmum Sat 04-Feb-17 19:28:32

Gyno daktarin was what I got for nightmare thrush.

Bambambini Sat 04-Feb-17 19:29:00

Could be herpes, pee in the shower or pour a bottle of water over you as you pee.

milkjetmum Sat 04-Feb-17 19:29:37

Have you tried natural yogurt (eat and apply!)

uncoolnn Sat 04-Feb-17 19:30:13

Whenever I've had thrush a saltwater bath has helped me - not too hot though!

MrsDc7 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:31:26

If it's that bad I'd consider running a bath and doing your business in there till you can get to the doctor. Give the bath a clean with disinfectant afterwards

clareth Sat 04-Feb-17 19:32:21

Sorry that sounds horrible for you. Just a thought to make it easier to have a wee. Can you pour tepid water over yourself when you want to go, it's recommended after childbirth and stitches etc. Might lessen the stinging a bit. Also is live, natural yogurt still recommended for thrush? That might be a gentler option than canestan. Hope that you get some relief from it soon.

lebkucken Sat 04-Feb-17 19:32:52

Have you got a uti?

clareth Sat 04-Feb-17 19:32:54

Sorry cross posted with everyone else!

Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:38:04

Bambam, you could be right, I just googled herpes. I don't know much about it, is it a STI? Or can its just spring up on its own?

I think I will be going back to the doctors, I have been treated with a long course of pills in the past for thrush but have not had any swabs taken.

Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:46:52

I don't have a uti, the pain/sores are from my Vigina to my bottom.
I am now petrified I might have a STI sad, I split from my partner 2 months ago after finding out he had cheated, I should have gone for a test, there's a chance he gave me somethings?

Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:47:15

'Something'

Mooey89 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:50:35

Oh god OP I'm so sorry.
It does sound like it could be herpes and if that bastardised was cheating it's entirely possible.

Get to docs or GUM clinic asap. Even if it's all fine you'll need a full screening.
flowers

gamerchick Sat 04-Feb-17 19:53:56

Could you brave a look?

You poor thing, really you need to go to the GP or a clinic to get it seen to properly. It doesn't sound like thrush.

manhowdy Sat 04-Feb-17 19:58:58

Do you feel poorly in yourself? Flu like? Sore limbs? I think an initial Herpes outbreak is likely to have other symptoms. Certainly the couple of friends I know that caught it (sadly it is an STD) were both quite poorly in addition to being in agony down below.

RozzlePops Sat 04-Feb-17 20:00:56

Run a cold bath and crouch in it to pee.

Get some numbing cream on a sanitary pad to help with the pain.

Dose up on paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Get seen by GP.

Good luck

Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 20:01:18

I will try and have a look (I'm a bit Squeemish looking at my lady bits at the best of times), I have been suffering with it on and off for 6 months or so but symptoms at the beginning were more thrush like, this time it feels different sad. I was with my last partner for a year and found out he had been arranging to meet other women that he had met online so it's very likely that he has given me something. I have been unable to go to my local clinic as they only run them here in the evenings (can't get childcare), I will go to my GP Monday but not sure if they can do anything other than send me to the clinic.

Madlizzy Sat 04-Feb-17 20:02:13

An STI check is a good idea, but it may also be worth considering Lichen Planus. I've just been diagnosed after having that horrible stinging itch on and off for years. Am waiting for an appointment with a gynae for a biopsy to confirm it. I really feel for you, it's pretty grim.

Lovemusic33 Sat 04-Feb-17 20:06:15

No other obvious symptoms, felt a bit fluey the other evening, thought I was coming down with something but then woke up fine the next morning (just a slight cough and runny nose ).
I'm going to go and sit in a warm salty bath and see if that helps.

SallyGinnamon Sat 04-Feb-17 20:09:05

Definite trip to GP. Flu-like symptoms might be related. Even if it's not an STI better to be safe than sorry. flowers

RainbowsAndLemonDrops Sat 04-Feb-17 20:15:53

I have herpes, I contracted them from DP and it is exactly what you're explaining. If you have sores from your vagina down to your bottom and it is sore to wee/poo and you felt fluey the other day I would say it's probably that.

I used to also get thrush really badly and confused the two on my first outbreak. A warm salt bath, cotton wool balls over the sore area and air dry will help.

PM if you'd like any other information. flowers

Bambambini Sat 04-Feb-17 20:16:44

First outbreak of herpes can be awful, really nasty. I thought it was thrush and used cream and pessaries which made it worse.

Two strains of herpes and it can just spring up if you already have it in your system - as many people do. Or can be as simple as touching a cold sore and then touching down there. My partner passed it to me even though he's never had genital herpes. It's actually very common. If you think you have any ulcers on your vulva - get to a STD clinic asap. They have a magic cream which takes the pain away.

Bambambini Sat 04-Feb-17 20:17:22

Ah - crossed posts with Rainbows!

cudbywestrangers Sat 04-Feb-17 20:19:48

You could go to a walk in centre tomorrow- the sooner you get some treatment the sooner you will start healing... herpes does sounds very possible and is best treated quickly.

FannyWisdom Sat 04-Feb-17 20:23:52

Don't be squeamish, sit in the water to piss it will dilute it.

Get your biggest size sanitary towel, wet it and freeze it.
Use as needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now