Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

monthlies started being funny

(5 Posts)
fransmom Mon 26-Feb-07 21:28:34

sorry if tmi but wanted some advice before i try and see doc. normally 32-35 day cycle (start of af to start of next one), this time it's only 21 days. the last 2 af's have been odd as well. i can also go hot and cold, please tell me not starting menopause - am only 32

FrannyandZooey Mon 26-Feb-07 21:32:28

eek fransmom I had this recently - a couple of 21 day cycles - but I think it is now settling back to normal

I did a search and couldn't find anything that suggested a very short cycle was the start of the menopause. But I would phone NHS direct if you are worried - that was what I was going to do if it was 21 days again this month.

fransmom Thu 01-Mar-07 12:14:11

thanks fz. checked properly again, it was a "textbook" one - 28 days from start of one til start of another but will be keeping diary from now on i think. thanks for your help x

MeMyselfI Thu 01-Mar-07 12:24:43

Could be a thyroid problem. Can cause weird periods and affect your tolerance to heat/cold. Ask your GP for a thyroid function test.

fransmom Thu 01-Mar-07 12:26:07

never thought of that. ta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now