Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know anything about blood test results?

(6 Posts)
JP1985 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:50:43

I've had a sore neck now for over a month. Went to the doctors and she couldn't see any swelling or anything in my neck so said it may be muscular. She sent me for blood tests just in case.

I have just had a call with the results before they close at 6pm. Apparently my FBC and White Cell Count were normal but my ESR and Serum C Reactive were abnormal? The Doctor can't speak to me next week so just wondered if anyone has any idea what this signifies?

Gingernaut Fri 03-Feb-17 17:55:37

Did they say how abnormal?

Too high? Too low?

Gingernaut Fri 03-Feb-17 17:58:57

C Reactive Protein

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate

JP1985 Fri 03-Feb-17 20:56:10

The receptionist said she wasn't qualified to say anymore and that I'd have to wait to speak to the doctor so that's all I know until then! Can't help but worry now though!

MollyHuaCha Fri 03-Feb-17 21:40:34

It means there is inflammation somewhere in your body. Do you know the actual numbers? Get well soon flowers

JP1985 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:50:33

Thanks Molly. So could be anything really? And not relating to my neck pain? Not sure what the doctor will suggest next then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now