Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone suffer from Sacro-Illiac Joint Inflammation?

(6 Posts)
Atlantis123 Fri 03-Feb-17 14:46:46

Fifteen years I have suffered with this. Flare ups a few times a year and when it does flare up I can barely move. I can usually fix a flare up with a few days of strong anti inflammatories but in the last year I have had increasing flare ups and think it is about time I tried to seek proper medical help.

So, my question is: if you have suffered with this too who did you see for help, did you get a diagnosis and did the diagnosis lead to help?

My GP is aware of my issue and I have previously seen a physio, so I haven't totally ignored it all these years, but about ten years ago I asked for an MRI which was refused which was when I decided to just carry on dealing with it on my own.

ILookAtLifeFromBothSidesNow Fri 03-Feb-17 21:54:04

Bumping for you OP smile

elevenswan Sat 04-Feb-17 09:11:56

My mum has this, she was given a set of exercises to do by a physio and they've really helped. But she does do them every single day without fail. She does things like lean her shoulder against the wall with her legs about half a meter from the wall then wiggle her hips back and forth towards the wall. She's much better now!

pierpressure Sat 04-Feb-17 09:18:38

I have this, have seen a rheumatologist, and am diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, the rheumatologist referred me for the MRI.
Don't take the anti inflammatory before the MRI for a true result.
I take a slow release anti inflammatory daily, and do Pilates and hydrotherapy groups to keep moving.

PrudenceDear Sat 04-Feb-17 17:19:51

I've suffered with what I've assumed to be sciatica for about 8 years now with frequent flare ups. Lately they seem to get more frequent and have now started in the other hip too.
I saw gp at the end of December expecting to be referred for some physio. I'm booked for an MRI next week but currently not suffering so not sure it will reveal much.

Atlantis123 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:07:09

Thank you for the responses. I have a few more things to think about. It looks like my best way forward is for that MRI.

And thank you for bumping ILookAtLife... appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now