Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Just had a bad pelvic exam

(9 Posts)
Twopeapods Fri 03-Feb-17 10:31:22

Ok so I've been having some lady problems-pain in pelvis especially at one side, bleeding in between periods and bleeding after sex, lower back pain. So I had an appointment this morning and the GP did swabs and an exam. She said my cervix started bleeding as soon as she touched it and I needed an urgent scan and a smear test asap even though it's not due until may 2018. She couldn't do it today because of the bleeding.
Just feeling a bit scared now. I'm only 27. What could it be without being the C word?

Owllady Fri 03-Feb-17 10:36:10

It could be a hormonal imbalance or anything
Has she sent you for bloods?

Twopeapods Fri 03-Feb-17 10:43:56

I had my bloods checked last month for a range of things which were fine. So they just did swabs, the smear is on the 16th, and I'll get a scan appointment through within a couple weeks. I can't tell my mum coz she will just worry.

Owllady Fri 03-Feb-17 10:50:08

If your bloods were fine, I'd try not to worry.
You could just have a polyp or an erosion. I know it's not very pleasant but it's best to get it all checked out.
The scan is fine btw. I had a transvaginal one and it was much easier than I'd imagined.
Try not to worry x

Twopeapods Fri 03-Feb-17 10:55:06

Thank you. I think you always just assume bad things.
It's my DDs birthday tomorrow so got a few bits to organise this afternoon.

Owllady Fri 03-Feb-17 10:56:30

We all assume the worst smile it's being investigated so just put to the back of your mind and enjoy your dd's birthday flowers

Deadnettle Fri 03-Feb-17 11:01:59

Hi op, I had bleeding between periods and bleeding after sex. The gp examining me caused my cervix to bleed too. I was 30 or 31. I was referred urgently and seen the same week. It was caused by the pill.

There are a number of things it could be and I know its hard but try not to worry.

I hope you dd has a wonderful birthday!

Tipsyscat Fri 03-Feb-17 12:23:09

Smear test is NOT for diagnosis. You need to ask her to refer you for colposcopy. Could be anything not necessarily anything serious.

Twopeapods Sat 04-Feb-17 21:31:42

I think she wants the results of the smear before a colposcopy. I'm bleeding a little since the exam yesterday but not too much just a little. I am due period any day now so I don't know if I can get the scan with it? I don't know if that would make a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now