Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP.....Dentists......Anyone.....?

(4 Posts)
PersonalClown Mon 26-Feb-07 20:11:47

DS has started to loose his teeth early (he's not even 5 yet). All well and good, doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest but when I checked the progress of the adult ones growing through, I was a little shocked to see that one is growing in sideways (as in side on not flat on IYSWIM).
I was a little concerned that the fist was going to be crooked but it seems to be straightening out as it grows into the gap.
This second one has me freaked!!
Someone please tell me that it will sraighten out as it grows through. Somehow I don't see ds allowing a dentist anywhere near him, he panics at a check-up.
Oh ds is autistic BTW.

PersonalClown Tue 27-Feb-07 08:31:14

Any help from the morning shift?

Babyramone Tue 27-Feb-07 11:29:16

I'm an ex dental nurse and from what I remember think the teeth do come in askew but straighten up. However 4 is early so not sure if that would affect their eruption. Can your dentist forward you to the community dental service if your area has one. They often have the experience and patience to deal with children with additional needs (I am now nursery nurse working with ASD and kids I work with often go to this)I've also texted couple of friends dtill in dentistry.
Sorry not much help but will post later if pals have any other advice

PersonalClown Tue 27-Feb-07 18:03:22

Thank you soo much!!! I had a second glance at them earlier as he was willing to let me and it's not as askew as I first thought.
Could it be that they straighten up because the gap they are coming through is smaller?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now