Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you catch a tummy bug before someone shows symptoms?

(2 Posts)
Snugglepalace Fri 03-Feb-17 09:28:21

Dd's little friend was round to play on Wednesday and was fine but today the poor mite has come down with a vomiting bug today.
I know I sound a whimp but I dread these type of bugs as I have Ibs and it takes me ages to feel normal again when everyone else recovers in a day or two.
We have a wedding to go to tomorrow and now I'm on tenterhooks!
Can you catch this type of bug before someone is actually showing symptoms?

Twopeapods Fri 03-Feb-17 12:22:58

I would think if she had no symptoms on Wednesday you will be fine. It's through fecal matter and vomit you catch it? Don't think you can catch it through saliva.
My DH works in a busy office and has caught it 3 times in the last 6 years and our DD has brought it home from school also. I have managed to steer clear. Just practice good hygiene to minimise any risk especially over the next couple days. How far away is the wedding? If you feel fine and your DD is fine I would go and not worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now