Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gastroenteritis...help

(13 Posts)
jackieeee Fri 03-Feb-17 08:13:27

I've had diarrhoea and vomiting for the past 24 hours. I feel awful. Headache, aching bones, stomach pains. I have two dd (2&4), dh gone to work, i cant even move off the sofa to get them ready sad
Don't really know why I'm posting here just feeling sorry for myself! Or does anyone know how to feel better

Wallabyone Fri 03-Feb-17 08:15:28

I'm just on the other side of the same bug. There was nothing I could do really, but you must keep taking in fluid. My H was really bad and we called NHS direct who asked him to go in if it continued. Is there anyone who can help with the children?

jackieeee Fri 03-Feb-17 08:17:50

I never knew i could feel this bad. Just called dh and he is coming home from work to take kids to nursery. I'm trying to take sips of water but just the thought is making me heave.
I'm going to go back to bed and hope i feel better when i wake

MollyHuaCha Fri 03-Feb-17 17:04:42

Poor you. Hope it passes soon. You must stay hydrated. Peppermint tea and ginger tea (both available in tea bags from supermarket) are really good for soothing upset tummy.

lljkk Fri 03-Feb-17 17:06:01

Little sip of water every 5 minutes. Hang in there.

jackieeee Fri 03-Feb-17 18:29:16

Still feeling awful. Been on toilet most of the day confused
Keep feeling really thirsty, am
I okay to drink lucozade

Jb291 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:34:11

You're probably better off just drinking small sips of water just for the moment. Are you still vomiting??

jackieeee Fri 03-Feb-17 18:36:29

Last vomited this morning, just constant watery diarrhoea (sorry for
Tmi). I'm just so thirsty, could gulp a big bottle of water/lucozade but scared

Jb291 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:48:45

Ok my love..don't worry about tmi..I know how awful this gastro bug can make you feel. The diorrhoea combined with the vomiting is probably causing some degree of dehydration. Probably not a good idea to gulp anything as it might come back up. Water and soup and fruit juice are fine and will combat the dehydration.
If you've got aches and pains then paracetamol is ok to take. If you feel up to it then a little bit of really bland food like rice or bread might help as well.
Try to rest as much as possible. If in any doubt and your symptoms get any worse, then you might need to ring 111 for some advice.

MiaowTheCat Fri 03-Feb-17 18:50:35

It's a bloody awful bug this one doing the rounds, and it seems to come back for a second bout fairly often - it's gone right round our house and of course the Puke Clearer In Chief got the mega-dose of it.

I resorted to sipping Lucozade very very slowly which made me feel much better.

jackieeee Fri 03-Feb-17 19:11:37

Thank you so much for all your advice flowersCurrently lying in bed sipping glass of water

Cliffdiver Fri 03-Feb-17 19:55:11

You need Dioralyte to rehydrate you.

It's a horrible bug, hope you feel better soon.

When you can I eat find small bites of plain crisps help.

Avoid dairy for a couple of days, too.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 03-Feb-17 19:59:38

Flat lemonade is also good in these situations. Hoping you feel so much better soon op flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now