Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where e'er ye be, let yer wind blow free.....

(15 Posts)
Kbear Mon 26-Feb-07 18:44:39

cures for trapped wind please. DD was sick last night and has been gripped by bad stomach pains all day. Doc has ruled out appendicitis (took her their late afternoon, she was crying with pain) but he said she is full of wind. Hot water bottle should help but my mum said fizzy water might help, I'm not sure, is that not adding more wind?!

Tips please oh farty ones!

ImaWurzel Mon 26-Feb-07 18:47:40

No help cos i'm naturally windy

Kbear Mon 26-Feb-07 18:48:19

that must be a comfort !

Califrau Mon 26-Feb-07 18:48:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Califrau Mon 26-Feb-07 18:49:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JackieNo Mon 26-Feb-07 18:50:06

Infacol, even if she's not a baby? It has simethicone in, which is the same thing that's in Rennie Deflatine, which is for trapped wind.

MrsBadger Mon 26-Feb-07 18:53:52

when I was little my mother used to give us Andrews for any sort of intestinal upset - it mixes up to a fizzy drink which is a bit revolting but generally either makes you do a colossal poo, a huge fart or a huge burp, after which you feel much better.
Guess the fizzy water could have the same effect...

southeastastra Mon 26-Feb-07 18:55:39

has she got stomach spasms that sometimes happed after sickness? they're really painful. i had to take ibs tablets to soothe it.

Kbear Mon 26-Feb-07 20:03:59

She is still in pain now and the only thing relieving it is me rubbing it quite hard. More like massaging it. DH has taken over for a while whilst I check the responses!

Her tummy is rock hard poor thing and she's not eaten since a small bowl of soup at lunchtime. I wonder if that is adding to it, maybe she should eat, but she doesn't want to so that kind of answers it's own question! When that child doesn't want to eat you know she's poorly!

Thanks for responses, I'm off to demonstrate cycling with legs in the air PMSL!!

southeastastra Tue 27-Feb-07 09:21:01

how is she today? it can be really painful, i find lying flat on my stomach and keeping really still helps, or squashing my stomach in

ledodgyDave Tue 27-Feb-07 09:25:40

My dp, me and my dd have all had this int he last few days. it is an actualy bug but it makes your tummy rock hard like it's full of gas and causes contraction like waves of pain. My 3 year old dd was in agony with it yesterday as we were on Sunday. Mine ended up with the runs dp seems to have avoised that and i'm sti;ll waiting on dd! Our muscles were/are also aching and dd had a temp. Could this be the same thing?

ledodgyDave Tue 27-Feb-07 09:26:02

*avoided

Kbear Tue 27-Feb-07 14:00:08

Miraculous recovery! Today she is right as rain.

MrsBadger Tue 27-Feb-07 14:26:41

excellent!

(bet there was a huge midnight fart)

kittylette Tue 27-Feb-07 14:27:34

no advice but love the title! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now