Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else had this? Sore throat and sickness?

(4 Posts)
sm40 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:22:11

Last night my slightly annoying sore throat turned into daggers! Really sore. This morning ds had a docs appointment and got him there. Doc looked at my throat and said it was viral.
Took to sofa and then felt sick. Then had d and v!! Been in bed all day.
Summoned dh home early for after school childcare!
Can't drink too much as throat too sore. Feel dreadful.
Anyone else had this random combination or have I been hit by 2 bugs at same time? Now sent dh out for throat spray. Paracetamol and ibruprofen not very good (probably because I've sicked them up!) Might try co codamol!

QuietNinjaTardis Thu 02-Feb-17 18:29:19

I've had this. Throat so swollen up and hurt so much to swallow. Was sick several times and my whole body hurt. After two days in bed I got to the docs and got antibiotics as it was a nasty bacterial infection. Doc said that the sickness was my body trying to fight the infection.
If you have pus on your tonsils, no cough, temp and something else I can't remember then it may be bacterial so maybe go back and eat checked again.

QuietNinjaTardis Thu 02-Feb-17 18:31:32

If you're having trouble swallowing fluids (I was) then go back to docs cos getting dehydrated will not help

sm40 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:06:03

Glad I'm not the only one. Will ride it out tomorrow, and see how I go. No pus yet just a very large uvula (had to google that, hope it's spelt right!!!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now