Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chlamydia - where has it can't from?

(269 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:15:36

Last week I had a medical termination and as part of the procedure they test for STI and I was swabbed for chlamydia. I got a Cahill today too say I tested positive for chlamydia.

Dh and I have been together 12 years, no other sexual partners in this time. I was last tested 3 years ago when pregnant and was clear.

I have not cheated and I am 100% sure he hasn't. Not a doubt is in my mind about that. He works, eats and sleeps and thats about it!

Neither of us have had any symptoms, nothing.

I've got a line to get the anti b for both of us but I'm puzzled as to where it's came from.

Everything I read says sexually transmitted only.

The nursery mentioned anal chlamydia that might have transferred to my vagina?

Any ideas?

gamerchick Thu 02-Feb-17 18:17:49

Either you or he has cheated.

If you haven't already you need a full screen to check for everything.

What has your husband said about it?

SaorAlbaGuBrath Thu 02-Feb-17 18:19:31

If you were clear 3 years ago, one of you has cheated, or you weren't screened for chlamydia 3 years ago. If you know it wasn't you.....

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:20:33

Neither have cheated, absolutely certain of that. Like completely sure.

gamerchick Thu 02-Feb-17 18:22:01

What has your husband said? I know what mine would say if Chlamydia came out of nowhere and he had been faithful.

Millipedewithherfeetup Thu 02-Feb-17 18:22:38

Ask for a re test?

empirerecordsrocked Thu 02-Feb-17 18:23:13

Are you absolutely sure you were tested it for it before and it was clear?

I'm afraid I'd be questioning your husband.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:23:15

DH is as confused as I am.

We even sat at our appointment last week and decided not to take the antibiotics home they give you to take if your results for chlamydia come back positive as they would just go to waste.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Thu 02-Feb-17 18:24:25

Ask to see your medical records from your last test, it's possible you weren't screened for chlamydia.

Funnyonion17 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:24:29

If he's cool as a cucumber its because it's him. It doesn't come from nowhere.

AllTheBabies Thu 02-Feb-17 18:25:02

I'm sorry. I think he must have slept with someone else. There is no other way.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:25:07

Yeah it is part of the pregnancy screening and I had another medical termination after my son was born where the same tests as last week were done, which was 3 years ago.

Berthatydfil Thu 02-Feb-17 18:25:34

Either you weren't tested for it or it's been passed on to you from an infected person since that test.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:26:13

I'm not going to keep repeating myself here but you will need to trust me when I say I am sure he hasn't cheated.

PetalMettle Thu 02-Feb-17 18:27:19

is it possible he's had it the whole time you've been together but it was only transmitted more recently?
Have you been having unprotected sex more recently?

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 02-Feb-17 18:28:28

I'm sorry but there is no other way you could have got it.

Is it possible your DH has had it for ages and only just passed it on? <plucking at straws>

bakingaddict Thu 02-Feb-17 18:31:18

Then the only explanation is that your original negative result was wrong and that you were actually positive 3 years ago. You can have asymptomatic infection for many years

Sudoname Thu 02-Feb-17 18:31:44

You can say all you like thst there was no cheating but one of you has and that is a certainty. Why you wont take the antibiotics to treat it astonishes me, this can be very harmful for you.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:31:54

We've not been having any less or more sex than usual. Surely it would show sooner?

I'm trying to find out more about the anal chlamydia the nurse mentioned but not getting very far!

zzzzz Thu 02-Feb-17 18:35:50

False positive

False negative

Infidelity

I don't think there are any other options.

ForeverLivingMyArse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:35:51

Sudoname, there's no cheating, that's a certainty. smile

You've not read that post properly. Dh and other will take the antibiotics we need. What I said was we didn't take the ones home that were offered to us last week as a 'just in case' as we felt it was a waste.

user1471464906 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:37:08

I work in sexual health. All tests have a false positive rate, none are perfect so it could well be the test. Find your nearest GUM clinic, tell them what you have said here and get a repeat test. Ideally your partner should go too.

mrsnoon Thu 02-Feb-17 18:37:13

My friend tested positive for Chlamydia a few years ago, her boyfriend somehow managed to convince her that it could develop over time and she had probably infected him as well. In actual fact he was shagging the lodger and presumably got it from her. Only came out after the lodger started seeing someone else who insisted on sti checks before they stopped using condoms.

sashh Thu 02-Feb-17 18:37:24

You may have been clear but your dh may not, you can pass it between you, then one has antibiotics and it clears them but they are reinfected by their partner.

Or someone has cheated.

HorridHenryrule Thu 02-Feb-17 18:37:47

Have you ever been active analy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now