Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help: PASH breast lump removal

(1 Post)
1wokeuplikethis Thu 02-Feb-17 11:46:44

Big lump found in my breast has been identified as a PASH tumour. I can find virtually no information online about this and was given the option to have it removed or just leave it...have surgery under general anaesthetic and potentially a disfigured breast, or leave it be. I mean, how are you meant to make that decision?

From what little info I can find, it seems if left the PASH can continue growing (to the size of a BASKETBALL, sure, thanks google) can potentially hide a malignant tumour of could hide future problems. So it seems the sensible option is to remove it now as I am 31 with 2 children under 4.

But, trying to look up about PASH removal has lead me to forums where everyone whose had it has ended up having a mastectomy. I just don't understand. Mastectomies are pretty bloody serious, so how does that even sit in the same zone as 'have it removed or leave it?'

Please, please; is there anyone on here who has had a PASH removed? What happened? Was it just the lump or the whole breast? I am finding this difficult to comprehend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now