Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal while breastfeeding? (discharge)

(7 Posts)
Phantommanflinger Thu 02-Feb-17 09:27:51

I seem to constantly have yellow/brown vaginal discharge since giving birth (no smell).
I'm breastfeeding and have not had a period since around 6 weeks after birth, I've got a smear booked for next week but just wondered if it sounds normal? I do have mild stress incontinence, not sure if that's contributing?
I'm currently having to change panty liners a lot so getting a bit concerned about it.

Phantommanflinger Thu 02-Feb-17 09:54:39

Sorry should've added that my baby is 8 months old now.

Phantommanflinger Thu 02-Feb-17 12:50:00

Anyone?

celeryeater Thu 02-Feb-17 13:14:08

Can't say it's happened to me and I am breastfeeding an 8mo. I haven't had any periods yet though. I know periods can be a bit unsettled after giving birth. I would mention it to your doctor or nurse that does your smear. You can have placenta retained that causes bleeding so it's worth getting it checked.

Phantommanflinger Thu 02-Feb-17 13:35:26

Yes I'll mention it, bit more worried now. Hopefully it's nothing! Had some shooting pains in my cervix yesterday aswell so it's playing on my mind a bit. Thanks for replying.

celeryeater Thu 02-Feb-17 15:50:18

It's always worth mentioning stuff like that to a doctor, even just for your own peace of mind. It's probably nothing too serious so try not to worry.

Phantommanflinger Thu 02-Feb-17 16:48:38

Fingers crossed thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now