Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

incontinence in teen

(15 Posts)
Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 07:21:55

Hey everyone,
Lisa here,
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with long term incontinence,
My daughter who is now 18 is still suffering from both bladder and bowel incontinence. I don't want to get into the details but she had some medical complications as a child and that lead to the incontinence. She has no control or feeling at all when she "goes".
Because her incontinence is so heavy she wears thick absorbent adult briefs/diapers for protection. She has 3-4 bowel accidents a day and one during her sleep. Her wettings are als very heavy.
To make a long story short we have gone to so many doctors, gotten so many opinions and tried and failed the few we can try without the risk of surgery. She's now accepting the fact that she might have to be in diapers for the rest of her life and it can be hard. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge on this since personally we have never met anyone who is dealing with similar situations although doctors have said that this isn't the most uncommon situation and there are people who deal with incontinence.

Reow Thu 02-Feb-17 13:23:24

Does she have any mental health issues aside from this? Anxiety or panic disorder?

Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:45:21

Not really, but she has become introverted because of this,
During highschool she was depressed and for some time and needed a therapist. But after a few months she got back to a better mood.

Rubyslippers7780 Thu 02-Feb-17 18:47:02

Why does she not have a colostomy bag? Much more discrete and practical than giant nappies.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 02-Feb-17 18:49:55

I was going to ask about a colostomy bag too.

GlitterGlue Thu 02-Feb-17 18:55:27

I hope I'm wrong, but something feels off about this.

DoIDareDisturbTheUniverse Thu 02-Feb-17 18:58:29

Oh ffs, not again. Reported.

Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:16:12

I don't know what's wrong, I posted about this in one section but i couldn't get a lot of advice from it. I'm a little disappointed now that people think I'm spamming.

HallowedMimic Thu 02-Feb-17 19:22:16

I'm certain that if you were genuine, your adult daughter's medical professionals cancould advise her.

I'm equally certain that you are a variation on the poo troll.

ineedamoreadultieradult Thu 02-Feb-17 19:26:08

Speak to the Doctors who are managing your daughters illness.

Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:26:08

This is so unfair, your judging the situation without even knowing anything about it.

WindwardCircle Thu 02-Feb-17 19:27:54

Why don't you want to go into details of her medical condition if you're happy to divulge the details of her bladder and bowel issues?

Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:32:28

She had an infection, and she went into septic shock, she was so small at the time her tissue began to die, and she went into shock. I was just looking for a place to find someone dealing with similar issues,
I'm not here to fight with anyone.

Lisa1964 Thu 02-Feb-17 19:33:44

This isn't good for me...I can't be stressing myself over this. Goodbye.

PotteringAlong Thu 02-Feb-17 19:36:01

Why can't she have surgery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now