Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding from bottom

(4 Posts)
littlemisstickle Mon 26-Feb-07 14:19:35

Have changed my name as I don't really want to be identified.
Yesterday afternoon I realised I had backache, rather like my period pains. My period has been and gone, but I noticed a little blood when I went to the loo and thought I might be having an odd cycle (i.e period stopping and starting).
However, at home I discoved the blood was coming from my bottom. It isn't much, but is more than I have experienced before with piles and also it is not stopping. Now in the past when I have had piles I have had a little blood after a bowel movement. But this time it is ongoing. Additionally, it doesn't hurt. Anyone got any suggestions?

lulumama Mon 26-Feb-07 14:21:32

might be a fissure

or a symptom of IBD

needs checking out , unlikely to be sinister, but blood coming from your bottom needs to be checked out ....

if no pain, likely to be a fissure, ie a scratch inside, if you get constipated and have to strain, then that can cause it

WigWamBam Mon 26-Feb-07 14:21:50

Go to the GP as soon as you can. Get this checked out urgently.

littlemisstickle Mon 26-Feb-07 15:15:41

Thank you. Pretty much as I suspected!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now