Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dizziness/lightheaded following chest infection

(4 Posts)
FloatyFlo Tue 31-Jan-17 10:35:02

So I've got a nasty chest infection. I've been on antibiotics since Friday. I'm feeling much btter than I did. Cough has eased and isn't so persistent. Headaches reduced. Haven't had a fever for a few days.

I was planning on going back to uni tomorrow!

But I just get so light headed and dizzy quickly. I just had a little tidy round the lounge, took some cups out, put some toys away and a put a load of laundry on and then my head was spinning. I had to sit down. Is this normal? Is this a sign I'm not quite as well as I think I am?

FloatyFlo Tue 31-Jan-17 11:18:40

Anybody?

fivecupsoftea Wed 01-Feb-17 14:38:17

I always feel lightheaded after I've been ill. It maybe your body's way of telling you that you are not completely better yet and you need to rest some more.

DottyGiraffe Wed 01-Feb-17 15:03:11

It could be as a result of breathing abnormally (for you) due to the chest infection, such as a higher than normal breathing rate. It could be some weird viral thing that's joined in. Definitely agree with not overdoing it if you're still not right but maybe ask to speak to nurse or GP to see what they think it might be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now