Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird line of skin on hand

(2 Posts)
AmyGurumi3 Tue 31-Jan-17 01:41:43

Hi, I have this weird line of skin on the side of my hand that is dry and slightly darker than the surrounding skin.

I went to the doctors with it when it first appeared (a few years ago) but he literally just glanced at it and prescribed me some moisturiser which did nothing, so I just ignored it after that.

It gets itchy sometimes, and it bugs me that I don't know what it is. Does anyone have any idea? I've put some links to a couple of photos of it.

Thanks

s27.postimg.org/f2g80oxqb/DSCN1279.jpg
s27.postimg.org/dool5dygz/DSCN1281.jpg

Twopeapods Tue 31-Jan-17 11:39:44

I've got the exact same on my foot in two places. It's a line of thick skin on an otherwise non dry foot. I've been picking at it but it comes back and moisturisers aren't helping at all. I haven't been to docs as it's the least of my worries just now but I'll keep an eye on this thread for any suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now