Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Etiquette with chicken pox?

(7 Posts)
compo Mon 26-Feb-07 11:01:58

If I take ds to supermarkt when he has the pox will i be frowned upon?

PrettyCandles Mon 26-Feb-07 11:03:56

Probably inadvisable if he's still pustulent, but if you know that he's past the infectious stage then go wherever you like. You'll be frowned upon in any case, because when we were kids it was thought you had to stay quarantined until 24h after all pox were scabbed over and dried, so plenty of oldish biddies will think you're dragging an infectious brat around.

PrettyCandles Mon 26-Feb-07 11:04:34

Not trying to imply that your ds is a brat, BTW!

compo Mon 26-Feb-07 11:05:16

think he is till infectious becuase spots still appearing and not all pustulent yet
So I'm stuck indoors today then? oh dear...

Hulababy Mon 26-Feb-07 11:09:03

Agree, supermarket is out of bounds until they have scabbed up and no more spots.

We didn't stay in though as drove us mad We went to the park - it was in term time, mid week. There was no one else there at all (small city park). And we went for a walk - we just kept to empty streets and crossed the road if anyone did go by. Even managed a coffee shop as we were the only ones in at the time - the owners were about and said it was fine as they'd had it We were going to sit outside.

MerlinsBeard Mon 26-Feb-07 11:10:25

order your shopping online and go for a walk somewhere where u won't see many people (Young enough for going in a buggy?)

still infectious until spots have scabbed

compo Mon 26-Feb-07 11:13:25

Thanks everyone. Will definitely go to the park and a walk for some fresh air. Got a 5 month dd too so really hard to stay in all day without going bonkers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now