Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reporting back on the FemmyCycle (menstrual cup)

(4 Posts)
SharingMichelle Mon 30-Jan-17 09:48:44

There was a mega thread recently about measuring menstrual blood loss. I can't find it. Anyway, one of the sub-plots on the thread was how the FemmyCycle was really good for the low-of-cervix. There's a special EXTRA low one.

I ordered one and said I'd report back. So, here I am.

I've struggled with my mooncup for years. I have a car crash vaj - double prolapse. The mooncup leaks a bit, though not too much, but the main problem is that it pokes out after a while. I can poke it back in and site it high to begin with, but it works its way down and is jolly uncomfortable and quite limiting.

On to the FemmyCycle.

The clever little thing arrived the day before my period, so it gets a bonus point for the before we start shoving it where the sun don't shine.

It says on the website specifically not for prolapse. I ignored that.

It's very squishy. Harder to get in. Impossible to open properly once in. A bit of a funny feeling for the first 10 minutes of wearing it - almost a bit crampy, I suspect because it's not opened fully and there's suction there. I suppose it will get easier with practice.

BUT - it stays where I put it. No poking out!! Can't tell I'm wearing it after the first 5 mins. Not one single leak. Nada. I already trust it more than my mooncup which I've used for nearly a decade.

I did a massive supermarket shop, a school run, in and out of the car, racing around, totally forgot about it, and everything fine.

Easy to remove. I like the no spill design.

This one really works for me. I would have thought that all menstrual cups were much the same, but I was wrong. I heartily recommend giving this (or another brand) a go if you've tried one and found it doesn't work. Life changing.

MadauntofA Mon 30-Jan-17 21:13:31

Was just randomly lurking around the sight but had to log in when I saw your post. I was a bit underwhelmed with my moon cup, but bought a femmycycle a few months ago and I LOVE it! No leaks, can't feel it, doesn't ping blood everywhere when removing, just fab!

MadauntofA Mon 30-Jan-17 21:14:35

I also like the ring - much easier to find and pull than a stump!

SharingMichelle Tue 31-Jan-17 04:03:55

Hooray! FemmyCycle fan club.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now