Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hip joint pain during period

(4 Posts)
Icantstopeatinglol Sun 29-Jan-17 18:37:57

Does anyone else get bad hip joint pain during their period? It's like right in the joint and is causing me to limp a bit. It's the first day of my period so always the worst day but seems to ease off as the days go on but this has happened for at least the last 2/3 months, maybe more. Also had to stop having sex last week due to me starting to bleed when I wasn't due on. It wasn't much but I was bloated afterwards for a good few days at least. I saw a gynae last year due to bleeding after sex but she said there was nothing to be worried about (she did an internal etc). Just a bit fed up now. I've got a number of auto immune issues and just wondering if it's linked to inflammation? I've had erosion of the cervix before and needed it quarterized so that's what I thought the issue was last year.

Rowgtfc72 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:44:44

I get pain in my left hip the week before my period. No idea why!

whatiswrongwithyou Mon 30-Jan-17 19:47:23

Same here, always bad enough that I tell myself to make a Doctors appointment and finally get it checked out, but then once my period finishes the pain subsides.

daisydalrymple Mon 30-Jan-17 19:49:24

I get a lot of joint pain and I know it's due to hormones as am still breastfeeding dc3, so it may be something to do with the changes in hormone levels through the cycle?

Have had a quick Google of joint pain during periods and there seems to be enough of a link. (And there was mention of auto immune issues too so might be worth you having a more specific search) .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now