Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Meluna menstrual cup

(3 Posts)
LotisBlue Sun 29-Jan-17 12:49:21

I'm trying a menstrual cup for the first time and overall it's great - comfortable, no leaks and easy to get in and out.

However it sits quite low in my vagina and the stem thingy pokes out and chafes a bit. There's no danger of it actually falling out although I can almost squeeze it out if I bear down.

Does it sound like it could be too small? Or do I just need to cut the stem off? I got the one with the ring stem because I thought that would be easier to remove, but actually I don't need it as I can easily reach the bottom of the cup. But it means I can't just trim it, I'd have to cut the whole thing off.

LotisBlue Mon 30-Jan-17 07:43:47

Bump- any ideas?

PenguinDi Wed 22-Feb-17 22:38:34

I have a few meluna cups, it all depends on how high your cervix is as it generally sits just below that. I have a medium and large size for different flows and depending on what I'm doing that day. One good thing about meluna is they do a range of pull handles, I prefer the ball as it doesn't irritate me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now