Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Conjunctivitis or something else?

(4 Posts)
SabrinaTheTeenageBitch Sun 29-Jan-17 09:02:48

Hi all

I have had an absolute corker of a cold for the past week. On Friday night I fell asleep on sofa and my right eye was all stuck together (lovely)

Assumed the cold had caused pink eye, bathed it and started to treat it as such (own towel, lots of hand washing etc etc) However it hasn't itched at all and is only sticky upon waking.

This morning it wasn't stuck together and is a normal colour again but still feels 'odd' Had planned to make appointment with GP tomorrow but unsure whether to bother now?

Is there anything other than pink eye that can cause this?

Olympiathequeen Sun 29-Jan-17 18:41:34

If it's getting better than it's just wasting your time going to the gp. It's very common to get conjunctivitis with a cold and you can now get eye ointment over the counter if it continues.

Twopeapods Sun 29-Jan-17 21:33:12

I would just try over the counter drops. My DD has had it a fair few times and never complains of any itch. The bathing and drops always do the trick.

WendyIsMyName Sun 29-Jan-17 23:08:27

It's self limiting anyway so unless it worsens I would just leave it alone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now