Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Suspected UTI. Advice please!

(3 Posts)
Whoami24601 Sat 28-Jan-17 12:01:11

Las night I had an achy, painful back. This morning it hurts to wee, and I feel out of sorts (a bit sick, but not bad, mostly just feel 'weird' and not quite myself). When I wipe after going to the toilet there is definitely a bit of blood. I've never had a UTI before. Is there anything I can do to help feel better? I'm supposed to be going out for a meal tonight with some friends (which I hardly ever do so don't want to cancel!)

123bananas Sat 28-Jan-17 12:06:13

Drink loads of water, put a pinch of bicarb in it if you have some.

Go to walk in centre and get a prescription for Nitrofuantoin. IME within 24 hours of starting antibiotics you should see an improvement I felt much even better after the 2nd dose. If you leave it without treatment it will get worse.

donteverlookback Sat 28-Jan-17 12:18:55

YY to getting ABs straight away, and take the full course. Get advice on future prevention or UTIs can make your life miserable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now