Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gout

(8 Posts)
Hotwaterbottle1 Sat 28-Jan-17 07:50:08

Hi

Does anyone have a good home remedy for gout?

sunnyhills Sat 28-Jan-17 10:42:39

HWB I don't think there are any effective home remedies .

My mum had gout ( in her fingers ) and eventually she was prescribed stuff which helped - Allopurinol. She didn't take the also prescribed ( for pain )
Colchicine because of effect on her bowels .

My advice would be go to GP .Don't delay starting treatment to control it because the crystals that form damage the bone .

Sympathy - it's very painful I know .

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gout/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Garnethair Sat 28-Jan-17 14:21:24

My mother was told to eat cherries. No idea if it helps though.

MollyHuaCha Sat 28-Jan-17 15:32:59

What are you eating and drinking? No experience of gout here, but I was once investigated for it. I was told that if I'd have had gout I would have needed to follow a strict diet.

Hotwaterbottle1 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:17:30

Thanks. Have been to doctors but looking for other tips. Thanks will try the cherries. Yes diet important & Im following that.

Garnethair Sun 29-Jan-17 19:43:47

I believe Holland and Barrett do a cherry drink which they promote as helping gout.

Hotwaterbottle1 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:32:57

Oh thanks garn

goingmadinthecountry Mon 30-Jan-17 23:11:39

Cherries are definitely the way to go - you can get those dried ones at supermarket. I always keep some in for dh. Have them quickly, also loads and loads of water. Diet makes a huge difference - not always the foods you'd expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now