Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Deflated Boobs!!!!

(10 Posts)
Smircat Sun 25-Feb-07 16:53:37

Just finished breast feeding EL after 7months. I expected a reduction in breast size after the milk had dried up, but this is rediculouse.
Really humilating experience yesterday, i went to M&S and got measured - 36AA!!!!! I know i was not that big to start with, but i am so down and depressed about it. I have not felt this low in the whole 8 months since his birth. Ended up having to buy some Childrens bra's, and cried on the shop assistants shoulder.
Does anyone know where i can get some nice sexy bra's to make me feel attractive again as right now i feel as attractive as a flat pancake!?!?!??

kittywaitsfornumber6 Sun 25-Feb-07 17:59:50

No,. sorry
I've always been very flat chested and pregnancy is the only time I even get a little bit of boob.
I know when I've finished bf before that they have completely disappeared. I am wondering what measures I can take when I finish feeding my as yet unborn baby.
I've thought about those natural boost your boob pills, but don't know if they're aload of old tosh.
I have heard that the fat can build itself up agin but I've never left it long anough between babies to find out.
Hopefully someone will come along with more joyous news and perhaps some info on those natural boob pills!!

Socci Sun 25-Feb-07 18:13:02

Message withdrawn

BigCookLittleCook Sun 25-Feb-07 18:28:39

I have no advice just sympathy. I was a 32D before bf, and am now a 32B on one side and a 32C on the other..... When I went to be remeasured I had a buxom young girl who made me feel even more disappointed at my new size boobs. I never wear anything other than padded bras now (used to pride myself on the fact that I never had to).

It is now 8 months since i stopped bf and they've not improved yet. Think some do though!

Smircat Sun 25-Feb-07 20:31:12

Thanks all for sympathy and support. I was a 34A b4 getting pregent and went up to a 36D after he was born. Wasn't quite prepared to the sudden drop though.
M&S Lady said that some of it does come back in time, doesn't make me feel any better now though.

Madoldcatlady Sun 25-Feb-07 20:35:45

Pre babies I was a lovely 32DD.

During pregnancy a whopping 36H

Immediately post breast feeding a saggy 34B/C

Now-(youngest DD is 6) back up to a reasonable 34D.

I was all ready to sign up for a boob job after I finished feeding DD3. My boobs were so empty. They filled the bra cups, but only because they were scooped up and squashed in. I used to cry when I saw them in the mirror.

Over the course of the next twelve months they re-inflated to a fair degree.

All is not lost. Give it a few months and see what happens. I'm so glad nows that I didn't go down the surgery route.

FrannyandZooey Sun 25-Feb-07 20:44:14

They will improve, give it a year or so. Breastfeeding is like having temporary liposuction, but your body will slowly and partially replace the fat, over time.

Don't forget you will probably be feeling a bit low anyway due to hormonal changes after breastfeeding. Take care of yourself. And get a nice padded / underwired bra in the meantime if it would help you feel better.

RubyRioja Sun 25-Feb-07 20:45:55

Chicken fillets definetly help a bit!

summer111 Mon 26-Feb-07 19:17:14

Smircat,

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Unfortunately having breasfed my two children, my 34B bust never recovered. I'm now a 32B on one side and an A on the other. They definitely have lost their bounce and appear a lot more empty.I understand exactly how you are feeling.

However, in answer to your question, you can buy some nice gel filled bras - the ones I currently wear are by a company called After Eden and are really light weight to wear. I think I got them in House of Frazer. They are the smooth t-shirt style. I also have some foam padded bras from M&S. There is an online company called Maxcleavage.com that you should have a look at. They do some very pretty bra and pants sets with a section for AA sizes. The bras are gel filled or foam filled and you can also buy 'chicken fillets' on their site too (these are silicone gel inserts that you pop into your bra for an instant boost!) Their goods come in an unmarked package as do their brochures, so no-one need know!

Best of luck with the shopping!

BigCookLittleCook Mon 26-Feb-07 19:39:06

Gel filled are my saviour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now