Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches

(6 Posts)
loopyloo87 Thu 26-Jan-17 10:52:18

Hi, I'm 50 & for the past couple of years I've been getting headaches every 3 months the pain used to be at the back of my head but travels all around the sides , It starts during the day goes away with Nurofen then usually returns during the night . I started to keep a diary of times of day and where the headache was and this seems to be the pattern
Any one else suffer from headaches?

Cedilla Thu 26-Jan-17 11:09:36

Hormonal causes maybe?

Do you take Nurofen every day, OP? It could be rebound pain if so - it's a common pattern for the pain to return in the night/early morning. I've heard that in the long run it can be worth cutting out all painkillers for a while (though that's a bummer in the short term) to break the cycle. Sorry sad

FWIW I was about to start a thread along very similar lines although my persistent headaches are modified migraines I think (lifelong sufferer here).

mumznet Thu 26-Jan-17 11:39:41

eyetest ?

mumznet Thu 26-Jan-17 11:40:00

can also be because of a bad pillow

loopyloo87 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:22:22

Thankyou for your replies , I don't take Nurofen regularly and the headaches are every three months sad I just spoke to a GP on the phone & she thinks it could be tension but advised me to book an appointment for blood pressure and blood tests... I tried to book it but there's no appointments until the 6th Feb shock ...

mumznet Thu 26-Jan-17 14:41:00

must be everyone going in at GP with colds and flu these days....thats another concern everyone has some sort of cold in this weather....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now