Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lower back pain with incontinence.

(22 Posts)
user1484615313 Tue 24-Jan-17 01:38:34

Well I've had many issues in the last few weeks and I feel like just crying out. It stated with lower left abdominal pain. Which now Ive been referred for to the gastroonolagist. Also bladder issues. Ive already had bladder and kidneys scan which have come back ok. All throughout I've had back pain which has gradually got worse with now me weeing myself every time I walk with severe pain if I hold it in. A week back I had a bout of cystitis that cleared but I feel it is still lingering a little. I've had three courses of antibiotics and two blood tests all came back clear. Waiting for an MRI but that's in 2 weeks and I cannot take the pain anymore. The back pain is worse when I'm sitting or lying down. A little better with movement but then I'm peeing as I walk. I'm miserable right now. Anyone?

Welshgirl40 Tue 24-Jan-17 01:53:19

I'd call 101. I'm no doctor, but I do know that back pain plus incontinence is worth checking up on. You poor love.

Sikkinis Tue 24-Jan-17 02:05:05

I had something similar once and it turned out to be a very bad kidney infection. I was days away from permanently scarring my kidneys

Does your doctor know about the cystitis? I put my foot down in the end, sacked off the GP who thought it was kidney stones (didn't even ask about cystitis which I had had a month previous, it didn't go away, it went to my kidney- when that happens the burning etc goes away). I went to A+E and sat there until they found the source of the problem. If you go via A+E I don't think they are allowed to let you leave until they know for sure what is is.

Feel better soon x

WatcherOfTheNight Tue 24-Jan-17 03:00:45

flowersop,sounds horrible.
I agree with Welshgirl,I would try out of hours as you are suffering so much.

Incontinence & back pain together should be looked into.
I was checked for Cauda Equina years ago,which has some of the symptoms you've mentioned.
Hope you get sorted & feel better soon.

user1484615313 Tue 24-Jan-17 03:49:52

Thank you for the replies. I feel like since I've been bombarding the gp with all this stuff with me. They really think im just loosing it and overreacting since some tests have come back clear. But you know deep down inside something just isn't right. Also I'm in agony. So I think later on I will call gp again for an emergency appointment but now I have the worst flu ever to top it off and so does my 12 year old my 21 month old and my husband. I can't catch a beak. 😥☹️

tattychicken Tue 24-Jan-17 04:07:52

Ovarian cyst? When they get quite big they can press on the bladder. And can be quite painful.

GlitterGlue Tue 24-Jan-17 12:58:51

Those symptoms require urgent assessment to rule out cauda equina - it can cause permanent damage so please go today. A&e would be justified.

MillieMoodle Tue 24-Jan-17 13:19:19

Agree with Glitterglue - you need to be checked for cauda equina straight away. Go to A&E if you haven't already seen a doctor today.

user1484615313 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:19:29

I've been like this for weeks now. Would a&e still take my symptoms seriously ?

MillieMoodle Tue 24-Jan-17 13:23:30

The incontinence with back pain is really worrying. Cauda equina can cause lasting nerve damage. I'm not a doctor but I have a prolapsed disc in my lower spine and whenever it seizes up they check for it.

GlitterGlue Tue 24-Jan-17 17:21:13

Yes, a&e will see you because you have worsening back pain and now incontinence, which is a red flag. Even if it's not something serious the serious conditions need to be ruled out ASAP. Untreated cauda equina can put you permanently in a wheelchair. They won't see you as a time waster, even if it doesn't turn out to be anything serious.

trinketsofgold Tue 24-Jan-17 17:26:00

Please get yourself to A&E

Welshgirl40 Tue 24-Jan-17 17:34:36

Gosh, yes they would! Now, haul yourself there, by hook or by crook.

itfcbabe Tue 24-Jan-17 18:43:15

I work for 111 I would phone them If you can't control your bladder,do you have the feeling you need to wee or does it just happen, Can you stop the flow when you start weeing?

They will either send you to A&E or ooh Dr, not being able to control the flow of urine can be serious so get it sorted asap.

user1484615313 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:15:50

Still haven't been to see anyone as I'm so ill worth the flu right now. Can't even move from my bed. My by back pain and incontinence still continue. It just dribbles or a bit like stress continence from sneezing and Coughing. I've changed underwear like 4/5 times today. Not sure what to do because of my flu symptoms and generally just feeling rotten. I think I will call 111.

Kleptronic Tue 24-Jan-17 22:19:18

Yes, call them! Call them now!

Welshgirl40 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:39:17

I really, really hope you do.

Greta84 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:50:43

I have a disc issue and have recently thought my knickers are wet. I've never even heard of this cauda thing. I have also been experiencing sciatica. Another friend said to me I shouldn't tolerate wet knickers and should speak to my Gp. It's quite a worry as I've just left it. I'm on my period now so I don't really know what's going on but I think I should see my doctor. I hope you get sorted OP. Keep in touch

GrandmaGotRunOverByAReindeer Tue 24-Jan-17 22:52:21

RED FLAG SYMPTOMS!

As someone. With cauda equina that wasn't picked u on as quickly as it should have been I urge you to seek medical advice as soon as possible

Portillolovestrains Tue 24-Jan-17 22:53:45

Definitely get it checked out, I did have cauda equina and have permanent nerve damage, I spent a long summer in queen square.
I was ignored by my GP and got to A&E, I paid for a private MRI in the end as couldn't wait any longer.

KingClinic Mon 30-Jan-17 20:19:25

I found these tips really helpful!!

xx

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmG-XbhYV28

user1484615313 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:49:05

So I've been getting over the flu ( swine ). Have never had symptoms like this for flu ever. I've been in bed for ages and so very weak. I thought I was getting better. Then felt very run down again. So back in bed sleeping all day. This has meant no answer for my back pain. But what I have noticed is that it improves with rest. But soon as I put the smallest amount of pressure on it or sit or stand too long. It gets very bad. The Incontenance is still there. My MRI is on Friday. I can't wait to get some answers.
Portill- what was the damage you had? Has your pain been dealt with ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now