Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help Please on Periods - Warning this is going to be graphic

(12 Posts)
mistypeaks Sat 24-Feb-07 22:10:03

Since having dd2 7 months ago I can't seem to use tampons effectively anymore. Its not a case of pain they just seem to leak, I don't think it's an absobancy issue as when removed they're not 'full' it just seems to be from the sides. I don't think it's lax muscles either as dh has reported that it seems 'tighter' if anything - in fact we're convinced the midwife put an extra stitch in!!
Anyone got any experience/advice on this?

Mercy Sat 24-Feb-07 22:23:09

Are you inserting the tampon high enough?

I certainly have found a slight loss of sensation and rather than 'feeling' it's inserted properly I have to make sure on a practical level, if that makes sense.

Catilla Sat 24-Feb-07 22:25:11

If you are a bit drier then perhaps it doesn't expand enough to collect all the flow?
Personally I always found Lillets better than Tampax for this reason... have you tried different brands?

Also - try a Mooncup? Seals round the edge so no leak problems.

Califrau Sat 24-Feb-07 22:32:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsJohnCusack Sat 24-Feb-07 22:53:18

oh am with Califrau - the same happened here
tampons just spent their whole time on the way back to the outside world.

mistypeaks Sat 24-Feb-07 23:53:46

mooncup? Never heard of them!!

SlightlyMadScientist Sat 24-Feb-07 23:55:24

google mooncup.

Little silicon cup inserted into fanjo - reusuable....LOADS of threads about them

mistypeaks Sat 24-Feb-07 23:56:59

Thanks for the help. Will try. Hope they work - So fed up of 'crinkling' when I walk!!!

Califrau Sat 24-Feb-07 23:59:35

mistypeaks Sun 25-Feb-07 00:02:52

Thanks loads. Will give it a go. Not so sure about the testimonial about 'enjoying your period' though!!

Califrau Sun 25-Feb-07 00:05:36

pirategirl Tue 27-Feb-07 15:35:08

I thought that stitches were nearer the entrance, in my exp, and maybe inside is roomier now, hence the tampon moving. My tampons were the same for about 2 yrs after having dd, had 2nd degree tear, and they were very vertically challenged lol.

Got myself on the pill, no more periods, bliss.

If i wasnt on pill i might be tempted witht the mooncup tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now