Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods meh

(6 Posts)
doodlejump1980 Sun 22-Jan-17 21:08:39

Since having my twins 2 years ago, oh my god, my periods have been awful! I swear each "month" I have a fucking 21 day cycle and my period last 10 days they're getting worse. Not on the pill etc as I was getting awful migraines on it. Any advice? The flooding! Oh my god! Should I get my iron checked out or just hope for an early menopause?

WipsGlitter Sun 22-Jan-17 21:27:42

There's various things you can try to stop the flow being do heavy. You should get checked for fibroids too. Don't just put up with it!

ILoveDolly Sun 22-Jan-17 21:34:36

I hate periods but since I had my coil fitted I've had virtually none. Might not suit everyone but for me it is bliss.

MTMFH Sun 22-Jan-17 21:39:40

I would suggest going to the GP, it could be fibroids or endometriosis (I have both) or maybe hormonal. Worth looking into as there may be something that could be done too help.

doodlejump1980 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:08:38

Thanks all. Would there be any other symptoms if it was fibroids?

WipsGlitter Mon 23-Jan-17 12:06:03

I didn't have any other symptoms just dreadfully heavy periods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now