Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pneumo jab Prevenar - what should I expect?

(5 Posts)
Monkeybar Sat 24-Feb-07 17:29:08

DS is having his pneumo jab on Monday and I think I'd heard somewhere that it's really nasty, hurts / stings when it's being given and gives the lo all sorts of side effects (temperature, general unwellness etc). I know why he's having it and I know he should have it, but I just want to prepare myself for what to expect.
I reckon I'll give him some calpol beforehand anyway, but anything else I need to know, please?

liath Sat 24-Feb-07 17:44:53

Dd had a very sore leg and was limping the next day. Gave her a slug of neurofen and she was OK to go to soft play later that day. No other problems. She cried as much as at the MMR when she got it but settled fast.

frazzledazzle Sat 24-Feb-07 17:46:53

Every child is different.I have heard about some children having bad reactions too but my son had his pneumo jab and mmr together and was totally fine.

murcimari Sat 24-Feb-07 17:49:58

DD had it in the upper arm and no side effects whatsoever.

TheBlonde Sat 24-Feb-07 17:57:48

Mine had a bit of a red mark on his leg for a few days but no other effects (that I noticed)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now