Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinus infection?

(9 Posts)
nikkie Sat 24-Feb-07 16:05:21

Been waking up with headaches for about a month now, 2 weeks ago went to GP and was diagnosed with Sinus infection.Had acourse of anti-b then started to feel better, last couple of days they have come back
I can't get up in the am until painkillers have worked as I am dizzy and the pain shoot round my head as I move.
Any ideas? Or just TLC would be nice as noone to give me any

RedLorryYellowLorry Sat 24-Feb-07 16:08:33

Get some more antibiotics and see if your GP can give you a nasal spray as well. I had this last winter but this winter I've been fine thank goodness. It's an awful feeling isn't it. Also try putting your head over a large bowl of hot water with a few drop sof olbas oil in it and breath the steam in.

DeviousDaffodil Sat 24-Feb-07 16:14:58

Sinusitis is a bugger to shift. Need more AB's .
Have you tried snorting warm salt water.
Not pleasant but clears you out.

mummy2aaron Sat 24-Feb-07 16:28:14

I have been suffering with this since before Xmas and my GP has suggested and op but I don't think I want one.

Incodnito Sat 24-Feb-07 16:30:48

If you can manage the sinus infection with antibiotics, steam inhalations etc then try and do that.

The sinus op is about the most painful thing you can get done, it is unreal,there is also no guarantee that it will work.

nikkie Sat 24-Feb-07 17:05:30

Starting to feel really rough again now, don't know whther to phone gp out of hours and try to get abs or wait til Mon, but am back at work on Mon so will be dificult to get appointment.

nikkie Sat 24-Feb-07 19:56:34

Have done the hot water thing, tried the salt thing but couldn't do it, not sure what I was doing wrong and feel a bit better now.Just very heavy forehead and have gone through boxes of tissues!

bubbles4 Sat 24-Feb-07 20:01:41

can you get anywhere to buy beconase,i think you can buy it in a supermarket,its an anti inflamitory spray and it has worked wonders for me and for dd with her streaming nose fron hayfever,hope you feel better soon

nikkie Sat 24-Feb-07 20:08:45

Will have to be tomorrow now, Ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now