Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help me feel better

(10 Posts)
Littlewoo Sat 21-Jan-17 09:32:09

Was feeling rubbish all week, still going to work but headed out to work in Thursday and had to come home. Went to the dr and he described my chest as sounding like a creaky door and gave me antibiotics to treat a chest infection.
Anyway I've just got worse and worse since then, when I breathe the exhale breath varies between a loud whistle or a series of gurgles.
This morning I tried to get up, felt so weak and had to be helped back to bed.
Anyway just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for what I can take to relieve the discomfort whilst I wait for the antibiotics to start taking effect.
I feel like someone is sitting on my chest and every breath hurts.
I'm so miserable.

tobee Sat 21-Jan-17 13:03:52

Just a quick thought, as this happened to dsil with chest infection, you're not allergic to the antibiotics? Probably not, but...

Badders123 Sat 21-Jan-17 13:07:59

Phone 111
Chest pain is more indicative of pmeumonia than a chest infection

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Sat 21-Jan-17 14:28:03

I would agree with Badders- just had pneumonia- it comes on very quickly - best get checked out

Littlewoo Sat 21-Jan-17 15:42:56

Thanks for the replies, just woken up. Will phone 111 as not feeling any better. Don't think I'm allergic to the antibiotics as had them before.

Twopeapods Sat 21-Jan-17 15:48:17

I've had pneumonia and it was awful. Definitely phone 111 and get checked out. And if you are really struggling to breath just get yourself to hospital.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Sun 22-Jan-17 08:14:31

How are you feeling today Littlewoo

Littlewoo Mon 23-Jan-17 09:31:10

Sorry for late reply furcoat
I got sent to hospital where they kept me in on oxygen and confirmed I've got pneumonia sad
Hoping to get home later today to get some sleep.
Thanks to everyone who replied

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Mon 23-Jan-17 10:57:43

Sorry to hear that Littlewoo. Hope you manage to get home - I know that it's impossible to sleep in hospital.

Badders123 Mon 23-Jan-17 18:19:26

Hope you feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now