Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

After prolapse surgery

(3 Posts)
Nem2023 Thu 19-Jan-17 14:42:57

Hi has anybody had a rectocele prolapse and perineum repair done under local anaesthetic as I have just returned home and would like to know if heavy bleeding is normal?? Any advice would be much appreciated

sadie9 Thu 19-Jan-17 15:22:03

Did you have a 'pack' in yesterday after the operation? A wad of bandaging inserted.
I had a prolapse operation and had a pack in which was removed after 24hrs. There wasn't much bleeding after that, there was watery spotting for about 6 weeks with the occasional bright red spots. Not heavy bleeding.
If it were me I would ring the ward in the hospital and tell them your situation, that you have just been discharged and can they advise you...

Nem2023 Thu 19-Jan-17 17:20:34

Thankyou for reply, I had operation this morning under local and then sent home no I didn't have a pack maybe that explains heavy bleeding, hopefully after tonight it will be better then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now