Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period just wont stop

(3 Posts)
ScandiCinnamon Thu 19-Jan-17 12:40:31

I am getting a bit concerned about the length of my period this month.

I have fairly short cycles (normally 24-25 days) but am very regular and the period only last about 4 days. This cycle I was 14 days late. I had period cramp feelings on the day/days when I should have had it. So, as this has been a pregnancy symptom for me in the past I did a PG test when I was about 10 days late . It was negative. NOT trying to fall PG as am 42 and already have 2 lovely DD's. When it finally came on it came on slowly at first but now 13 days later it is still very much going and clotty. Sorry TMI

I am trying to get to see a GP, but he is a very unsympathetic man and I guess I am just writing this as I am a bit worried now.

Verbena37 Thu 19-Jan-17 12:49:30

Seems a bit strange if you are usually so regular.
I was thinking perimenopausal but it surely wouldn't be so instantly different to the norm.

Perhaps ask the doctor if you may have been pregnant and miscarried?

ScandiCinnamon Thu 19-Jan-17 12:57:23

Verbena37, I was also thinking about preimenopausal, but as you say, it would have been very instant. Hoping that the GP will be sympathetic and refer me to a gynae

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now