Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Curious: what vitamins/supplements do you take

(8 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Thu 19-Jan-17 11:01:18

...and why? Im taking multis, omegas, folic acid, cranberry and sea kelp for general health and TTC. What are your experiences?

ninenicknames Thu 19-Jan-17 11:08:57

B6 for mood swings relating to PMT
probiotic for gut health
Agnus Catus for PMT

I don't know if I feel any different!? 🙄

OnNaturesCourse Thu 19-Jan-17 12:17:17

Im looking to start the AG on my next cycle as since coming off BC ive been a right moody cow 😂

OnNaturesCourse Thu 19-Jan-17 12:17:19

Im looking to start the AG on my next cycle as since coming off BC ive been a right moody cow 😂

Burntbum Thu 19-Jan-17 12:19:08

Vitamin D and calcium as I have a vitamin D deficiency. I take vitamin C and zinc lozenges as well as echinacea if I feel myself starting o come down with a cold.

OnNaturesCourse Thu 19-Jan-17 12:21:16

Were you tested for that burn? I have a SAD lamp i use when im stuck inside.

Burntbum Thu 19-Jan-17 12:26:25

Yes was tested a couple of years ago - I think my level was 23. GP told me I would need to take supplements for life. I did stop taking them over the summer thinking that I didn't really need them but regretted it as all my old symptoms came back so have decided that I don't know better than my GP now!

Bettertobehealthy Fri 20-Jan-17 10:11:49

Op .
Unfortunately a SAD lamp will have no effect on vit D.

SAD lamps only emit visible light. Vit d is made by Ultra Violet (UVB) invisible shorter wave radiation, on the skin, OR , supplements. Some sunbeds emit uvb, some other lamps do to , but they would not be called a SAD lamp.

Incidentally, ease of conception is known to be affected by vit d levels . it is a good idea to achieve a good level , keeping it there, before during and after pregnancy. ! Good for you and the baby .

Hope this helps

BTBH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now